How to Learn to Love Morning Exercise
By Sara Butler
Most people don’t relish the idea of getting out of their cozy bed in the morning for anything, much less exercise. But quite often, the morning is the only time to get a really great workout in. So, here are a few tips you can use to start loving morning exercise – for your health!
Reasons to Get Moving
If you don’t love the mornings, then try to talk yourself into getting up and working out by understanding a few key benefits, such as:
- It jumps starts the metabolism – Exercising in the morning helps to get your metabolism working and keeps it elevated for a few hours after you’re done getting your sweat on. That means you’ll burn more calories as the day goes on.
- It energizes your day – Knowing you’ve done something good for you and kept a promise to yourself to get healthy and moving is a great way to start your day. Plus, it’ll elevate your mood and pep you up for the day ahead.
- It makes your mind sharper – Studies have confirmed that exercise increased mental acuity for somewhere between four and nine hours after your exercise session ends. That means you’re harnessing the power of your brain all morning long, into the afternoon even!
- It improves your sleep – You’ll find that it’s easier to go to bed at night when you exercise regularly, improving the quality of your sleep and making it easier to get up in the morning to start your routine.
- It regulates your appetite- Getting up and exercising each morning can help you to feel less hungry all day long. Studies have shown morning exercisers tend to eat less as the day goes on and also make healthier food choices.
- It works – Getting up out of bed each morning ensures that you’re able to make time for exercise because other things don’t pop up and get in the way. Plus, you’ll see results by getting the proper amount of exercise each week, results that will keep you feeling motivated.
If you’re not a morning person, trick yourself into believing you are. Sometimes you just have to fake it before you make it because eventually, you will make it! Just hang in there until it becomes a routine, then have someone try and stop you – they won’t be able to!
Morning exercise is a great way to start off your day, so give it a try and see where it takes you and your health.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Englewood, Colo.