Traveling A Lot? Take The Joint Chiropractic Along
By Sandy Schroeder
If you are in the air a lot, or behind the wheel, you know how stiffness, soreness, and overwhelming tiredness can build. In today’s frantic world, it’s wise to do all you can to stay healthy as you travel.
In flights, or drives, as you sit for long periods, dangerous pressure can build in the blood vessels in the lower legs. Your back, neck and shoulders may show the strain of the trip, too.
Before your next trip, stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic in your community to line up extra support. The Joint’s staff of licensed chiropractors can check you out before you leave, and provide good prevention tips to keep you safe and injury-free. In your first visit, your chiropractor will evaluate your spinal health, and help you put together a complete health and wellness plan.
Nationwide Chiropractic Support
Wherever you land in the continental United States, there's a good chance you'll find The Joint Chiropractic there, too. There are more than 370 Joint Chiropractic clinics available across the nation, available to serve you. Look for a local clinic to keep your chiropractic maintenance going.
Your Joint chiropractor can provide a 15-minute spinal adjustment, or help you evaluate and respond to any painful twinges that you are having while traveling.
In the Air Tips
Be aware of the latest rules, and always check bags that are more than five to 10 percent of your weight. Keep carry-ons light to dodge neck or back strain.
- Never twist as you lift bags into overhead compartments.
- Keep your circulation while you are sitting. Do foot lifts, moving onto toes, and rocking back on heels.
- Change positions during the flight, walking up and down the aisle, or putting feet on bags to rest legs.
On the Road Tips
- Position yourself close to the steering wheel. Adjust the seat to keep knees higher than hips.
- Take breaks along the way for light meals, coffee if you need it, and short walks.
- As you drive, stay focused. Do a shoulder roll for exercise with forward and backward moves. Tighten thigh and calf muscles.
Nationwide, The Joint Chiropractic can be a key health resource. Stop by to find out how easy it all is. The Joint offers an affordable care program to eliminate insurance, and convenient extended hours. No appointments are needed, and walk-in visits are welcome.
To learn more about your health and wellness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic.