How Chiropractic and Core Muscles Keep You Moving
By Sandy Schroeder
If you look closely at the way your body works, you will see the core muscles are a major part of the operation. These are the muscles you depend on as you surge through the day, reaching, twisting and bending.
They include the abdominal muscles, and the muscles in the back, sides, pelvis, and buttocks. These muscles let you move freely at home and on the job.
If you notice weakness or stiffness, you need answers. If everything is working fine, you want to make sure it continues. Either way you need to evaluate how your core muscles are working.
- Morning to night – As you sit, stand, and bend over to do countless tasks, does everything flow smoothly?
- On the job – Wherever you are, on the move or at a desk, do your core muscles keep you running all day?
- When you play – Out biking, running, swimming or playing golf, basketball or tennis, do your core muscles keep you in the game?
- At home – In the house, garage or garden, when you trim the bushes, or mop the floor, does everything work?
See Your Chiropractor
To keep your core muscles in shape or deal with any new painful issues, stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you. The Joint’s doctors of chiropractic will work with you to help you maintain control.
Your chiropractor may use a gentle targeted spinal adjustment to assess your spinal health and correct any dysfunctions. The spine houses the central nervous system that controls most of what the body does.
The spinal adjustment may work to relieve pain and to create an overall sense of well-being.
As you assess the results, you may choose weekly 15-minute adjustments to stay at your peak. At the same time, you may want to learn more stretching and strength exercises to keep your core muscles strong.
Here are two starters from Harvard Health.
- Knee lift – Stand straight with feet together. Tighten abdominals as you lift right knee as high as comfortable. Lower and repeat with left leg.
- Lunge – Stand up straight. Step back with right foot and sink into a lunge, bending knees and bringing hands up to chest. Return to starting position. Repeat with other leg.
The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you is ready when you are. Stop by to find out about the affordable healthcare plans that require no insurance, convenient weekend and evening hours, and walk-in visits that require no appointments.
To learn more about your health and wellness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic at Dacula, Ga.