Addressing Your Knee Pain With Chiropractic Care
By Donna Stark
It isn't too difficult to deal with the occasional traffic congestion, the unruly toddler, or the spilled coffee, but dealing with a knee problem can cause some serious distress to your life. It can wreak havoc on your scheduled days, it can push all of your health and fitness goals to the side, but worse yet, it can bring an incredible amount of pain and discomfort into your life, pain that you never experienced before. So if you are weathering the storm of all storms in regards to knee pain, you should come on in to see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic as soon as you can!
Causes of Knee Pain
Knee pain doesn't only plague the elderly or the extreme athlete. It can affect anyone of any age. After all, we all have knees and for the most part, we all use them every single day, don't we? So it isn't too much of a stretch to imagine all the different ways in which they can get hurt. Let's take a look at a few of the most common reasons below.
- Overuse injuries - Repetitive motion, improper form and technique, muscle imbalance, and one-sport training are all common causes of overuse injuries in the knees. Fortunately, many of the factors that cause this can be modified.
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease that breaks down the protective cartilage located in the joints. This can lead to pain because the bones end up rubbing against each other.
- Traumatic injury - This usually occurs when the knee twists or turns unnaturally, most often when playing sports. But don't let your guard down anytime soon. It can also occur if you move in an awkward way or if you have an accidental fall.
- Hip and spine misalignment - You may not think that your hips and spine have anything to do with your knees, but you would be mistaken. By adding extra stress and strain on and around your joints, misalignments in either one can lead to a host of issues.
Chiropractic Care for Knee Pain
It is critical to accurately diagnose the source of your knee pain, so make it a point to see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic as soon as you can. Here are just a few of the benefits that come with chiropractic care.
- Proper alignment of the body's joints
- Reduced stress, strain, and inflammation
- Decreased pain and discomfort
- Restored joint and muscle function
- Increased mobility and range of motion
- Improved strength and stability
- Quicker healing and recovery process
Get Out of the Storm
With more than 475 locations nationwide and convenient hours, it couldn't be any easier to be seen at The Joint Chiropractic, so come on in today and get out of the storm you are in. Start living a life with pain-free knees!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Bloomington, Minn.