Signs Your Diet is a Problem
By Donna Stark
It's good to be proactive and to take care of things before they start falling apart, but let's be real. We're busy, we have a lot on our minds, and sometimes, things just fall through the cracks. So when something finally starts to give you notice, or a sign, that things just aren't quite right, it's important to listen and to take action before it gets worse. A strange noise in your car, a failing grade, a deficit in your bank account ... these are all great examples of what I am talking about, but if there is ever a sign that you need to pay attention to and act upon, it's the one that your body sends out.
Signs From Your Body
If your body is sending you signs that a problem could be brewing with your health, the wisest choice you can make is to deal with it right away. People will often accept that poor health, or aches and pains, are a part of life and aging. But this simply isn't true! And fortunately, many of the symptoms you feel can often be eliminated with just some simple changes to your diet. Take a look.
- Poor sleep - If you can't fall asleep or stay asleep during the night, check your intake of caffeine and alcohol as these can interrupt your sleep cycle. Limit consumption or avoid drinking them altogether.
- Brain fog - Having trouble concentrating and getting through that daily brain fog? You could have sensitivities to gluten or other foods, or your diet has too much alcohol, caffeine, and refined foods in it.
- Bad skin - If your skin is dull or you are struggling with acne, you may need to look at what you eat. If you aren't drinking enough water and if your diet is full of processed foods, dairy, and sugar, your skin issues can become worse.
- Aches and pains - Joint pain often starts with inflammation, so stick to anti-inflammatory foods and try to avoid refined sugars and processed items.
- Low energy and mood swings - If you find that your moods are all over the place and that you struggle with low energy during the day, try switching to an all-natural diet filled with healthy fats, lean proteins, whole grains, and loads of fruit and vegetables.
- Illness - Are you the one person who is always sick? It could be that your immune system isn't getting what it needs, so give it a boost! Fill your diet with as many vitamins, minerals, and nutrients as you can.
Don't Wait for a Sign
Remember, you are what you eat! So give your body a break (it's tired of sending you signs all the time) and start incorporating nutritious foods into your daily diet. By doing so, you will start to feel better in no time at all!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Sunset Hills, Mo.