Struggling with Shoulder Pain? See Your Chiropractor
By Sandy Schroeder
You may ignore little aches at this time of year, but really painful shoulders are hard to shrug off. As you attempt to tote shopping bags, or move everything from kids to laundry, your shoulders may be protesting.
At the same time, you may be polishing off a lot of projects at work and hoping to make a few holiday parties as you try to ignore the pain.
Before it all gets out of hand, stop in at The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you for some help. The Joint’s licensed chiropractors help everyone from teens to seniors find pain relief and key answers for health, wellness and fitness.
When you come in your chiropractor will want to know the details of your shoulder pain, your normal schedule, and your health history. Your chiropractor will explain how improved spinal health may help shoulder, neck and back pain and other joint discomfort.
A spinal adjustment may be used to assess spinal health, and seek pain relief. As the problem is assessed, you, your chiropractor and your doctor may become a team to find the best answers.
The shoulder consists of the collarbone, upper arm bone and shoulder blade. If you have shoulder pain you may be tempted to move less, but stopping can make shoulder problems worse. Here are some possible issues from Women's Health.
- Posture fixes - Your posture may need work. Muscle imbalances can happen when you slouch at a desk, or hunch over a keyboard. Making sure your workplace is up to par, and learning some new posture exercises could make a difference.
- Range of motion - Shoulder pain can occur when you reach overhead to hoist heavy boxes onto high shelves.
- Activity overload - Too much exercise or simple overuse can strain the shoulders.
- Injuries – Whiplash in car accidents or sports mishaps can impact shoulders.
Therapy may improve range of motion, strengthen shoulder muscles and stretch muscles and ligaments. Exercises like this one from Harvard Health may help.
- Shoulder Stretch - Cross one arm across your body. Pull the elbow of the outstretched arm toward your chest. Hold the stretch for 10 seconds. Release and repeat with the other arm.
Stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you to get a handle on your health, wellness and fitness issues. Everything is simple at The Joint. No insurance is needed with affordable personal healthcare plans. No appointments are needed. Walk-in visits are welcome and weekend and evening hours are available.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Las Vegas, Nevada.