Things Every Chiropractor Wish You Knew
By Genevieve Smith
Have you ever wanted to say something helpful to someone, but worried it would be too harsh? Maybe you thought they’d tune you out because they’ve heard it from you too many times. Well, this article is to speak on the behalf of all the chiropractors who need their points reiterated. Are you following your chiropractor’s advice? Perhaps you’re feeling expectations are not matching videos you’ve seen online? Let’s see what the chiropractor may wish you knew.
Unfiltered Chiropractic Advice
Chiropractors have a lot to say that they won’t necessarily share to your face. From a reality check to a plea on behalf of your neck, read on to find out what they’d like you to know.
- Pain may be due to an unexpected reason - Back pain may have little to do with the back and more to do with diabetes, for example. Chiropractors look at the whole body to diagnose.
- Not every alignment comes with a pop - Different bodies combined with different techniques result in different sounds. Trust that your chiropractor is approaching your body with the best method for you. Some practitioners opt for low force to get the body back in alignment, after all.
- It takes time to heal - Just because you’re on the upswing doesn’t mean you’re fully better. Presuming you’re healed before you’re ready puts you at risk of reinjury. So please, just take it easy and chill. Patience is a virtue.
- Follow instructions for best treatment - The best results come out of following your health practitioner’s instructions. Stick to the anti-inflammatory diet, do your at-home stretches, and refrain from slouching over the smartphone. Stick to the trail.
- Please stop cracking your own neck - You are likely damaging surrounding joints. Strive for proper contact (aka, a chiropractor’s touch) with the stuck joint to alleviate your discomfort.
- Chiropractic is not a miracle fix to bad surgery - Come for a consultation with a chiropractor before going under the knife to consider treatment options. After surgery, if it didn’t work out, it’s going to take longer in the process of trying to heal you.
- Don’t impress others and risk your back health - Sometimes patients are making progress, and then they go and hurt themselves while at work, for the sake of seeming like a hero or a team player in front of their co-workers. Only you can save your back.
Follow these tips, and you’re one step closer to healthier limbs. Chiropractors may not always have the gumption to express these helpful hints to your face, but you’ll benefit from knowing them. See what the chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic have to say about your back health. Also ask the front office about affordable options, and why you don’t need an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome at The Joint, where a knowledgeable staff of chiropractors await you. Time to say buh-bye to pain.
To learn more about your health and wellness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Salem, N.H.