Healthy Spine, Healthy Life
By Donna Stark
We can often tell a lot about people by the habits they exhibit, can't we? For example, a few habits of a great employee would be that he or she shows up on time, avoids the office gossip, and works through lunch. Some habits of those who prioritize their health would be that they exercise daily, drink plenty of water, and consume a nutritious diet. But what about the habits of those who, in addition to caring about their overall health and wellness, also prioritize the health of their spine? What do their habits look like? And more importantly, are you exhibiting the same kind of habits as they are?
Healthy Habits, Healthy Spine
The spine is the foundation of optimal health and wellness, and when it is working properly, the rest of your body will too! It is extremely important to establish spine-healthy habits so that you can start living your best life yet! But what do spine-healthy habits look like? Well, check them out below.
- Correct posture - Healthy spines require good posture and this doesn't just mean when you are sitting at your desk. Good posture follows you from how you sleep, sit, walk, run, and stand. You need to be conscious of how you hold and carry your body at all times.
- Daily exercise - A healthy spine needs regular exercise to function at its best and the best kind of exercises you can do are those that strengthen your core. A strong core helps to stabilize and support the spine. It also reduces the risk of low-back pain.
- Nutritious diet - Anyone who prioritizes their health is sure to consume a nutritious diet, but those who also put the health of their spine on top of the list, go one step further. They make sure their diet is filled with foods that are directly beneficial to optimal spine health, such as those that contain magnesium, calcium, iron, protein, and Vitamins B, C, D, and K.
- Quality sleep - Poor sleep, or a lack thereof, can wreak havoc on your body, including your spine! Just like everything else, your spine is tired by the end of the day and it needs quality rest and sleep to relax and rejuvenate. Make sure your back is supported during sleep with a great mattress and decent pillows!
- Chiropractic care - If you are looking for a healthy and happy spine, look no further than your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic! Chiropractic adjustments place the spine in proper alignment and remove the joint restrictions and nerve interference that can cause inflammation, pain, and discomfort.
Start Those Habits Today!
There is no reason to wait any longer! Start those spine-healthy habits today for improved health and overall wellness! And who knows? Maybe those new healthy habits can carry over into other areas of your life as well!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Parma, Ohio.