Fibromyalgia Patients Stay Active With Chiropractic
By Donna Stark
Finding the motivation it takes to maintain a healthy lifestyle can be hard for anyone, but it's especially challenging if you are struggling with muscle pain and fatigue on a daily basis. Fibromyalgia is a chronic disease that can make even the simplest, most mundane tasks difficult, so it's no surprise that those who suffer from it may push some of their healthy habits to the side. It can be hard to maintain good health when you are in constant pain or are too fatigued to move, but it's critical to find some ways to do so, and your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic can help.
Finding the Motivation
Do you remember what it was like before the onset of your fibromyalgia symptoms? When you could actually join activities with your family, run errands on the weekend, and head into work free of pain? Now, those simple times are met with challenges and struggles, aren't they? Here are some easy strategies that, in addition to helping you find your motivation, will also help to improve your health.
- Create new goals - A fibromyalgia diagnosis can definitely be a shock, and if you were a very active person before it, you may need to set some new expectations. It's OK if you have to work out less or change the intensity of your exercises, just try to stay as physically active as you can.
- Be flexible - When you are dealing with chronic pain, a flexible approach to exercise is often needed. So instead of getting frustrated that you can't work out for an extended amount of time, try breaking your fitness routine into smaller, more manageable parts.
- Focus on a healthy diet - There is no question that most people feel better when they commit to a healthy diet, so focus on yours! Eliminate the foods that are harmful to your body and choose whole natural foods in their place.
Chiropractic Care for Fibromyalgia
Routine chiropractic treatments can also have a positive effect on those suffering from fibromyalgia. In fact, many patients report a significant decrease in symptoms. Here's how chiropractic care can help you.
- Realigns the spine to its proper position
- Decreases neck, back, leg, and joint pain
- Reduces headache frequency and intensity
- Restores the nervous system
- Stabilizes mood swings
- Improves sleep quality
Establishing routine visits with your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic will ensure that the relief you find continues, and when you find that relief, it's so much easier to find your motivation to stay active. So head on in today! With more than 450 locations nationwide, convenient weekly hours, and no appointment or referral needed, it couldn't be any easier to maintain your healthy lifestyle!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Portland, Ore.