Age Can Wreck Your Sleep
By Donna Stark
There are a lot of things that change in our bodies as we age, and for the most part, we accept these changes. We know that we can't stop the wrinkles from coming, that we may misplace our keys more often than not, and that it may take us a little longer to walk from one point to the next. But changes in our sleep? Hold up! Nobody warned us about that, and honestly, could it get any worse? After all, we have worked hard throughout our lives and if there is anything we deserve, it's our sleep when we want it!
Chiropractic Care for Improved Sleep
As you age, you may find that you are waking up more throughout your nights. Many reasons can cause this, but one of the most likely reasons is some type of physical discomfort. Luckily, you have an expert right around the corner from you at The Joint Chiropractic who can help you get the rest you need! Take a look at how chiropractic care can get you back to dreaming again.
- Identifies and targets the source of your sleep issues without the use of medications
- Alleviates back, neck, shoulder, and headache pain
- Relieves achy joints and restores optimal function
- Reduces stress and anxiety in your life
- Decreases muscle tension and soreness
You Can Help, Too
Getting older doesn't necessarily mean you won't be able to sleep well again, it just means you may have to put in a little extra effort to ensure you get the quality rest you deserve. Chiropractic care can definitely make a big difference with that, but so can your own actions at home. Take a look at the following tips.
- Review your medications and supplements to make sure they aren't affecting your sleep
- Stop drinking fluids at least two hours before bedtime and avoid all caffeine after lunch
- Keep your sleep environment as dark as possible and limit the use of electronic devices
- Limit your napping to just 20 minutes in the afternoon
- Incorporate some stretching techniques into your mornings and nights
Sleep deprivation is no joke and is one of the most frustrating health issues to deal with. So if you are struggling with a lack of sleep, come on in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic! In addition to reducing your pain and improving your overall health and wellness, they can also get you back on the path to sweet dreams and deep rest! And with more than 500 locations nationwide, convenient hours, and no appointment required, you won't have to lose any sleep worrying about when you can be seen!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Portland, Ore.