Want Good Posture? See Your Chiropractor
By Donna Stark
There are a lot of bad habits that your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic would like to see you kick, but the one that always seems to top the list is poor posture. Poor posture does more than just impact your appearance. It can impact your health in ways you would never even imagine and cause serious damage and health issues down the road. So how can you correct and eventually eliminate this bad habit? Well ... keep reading!
Ways to Improve Your Posture
Correcting your posture isn't something that happens overnight. It's a process that needs constant attention but it's a process that is totally worth all of the time and effort you put into it. So get started today and incorporate some of these changes (if not all) into your new, healthier lifestyle.
- Stand straight and tall - With feet shoulder-width apart, let your arms hang naturally by your sides, tuck your belly in, keep your head in a neutral position, and pull your shoulders back
- Don't slouch when sitting - Uncross your legs, keep your feet on the floor, relax your shoulders, and use a lumbar support for your back
- Get amazing sleep - Invest in a great mattress, find a supportive pillow, and ask your local chiropractor for healthy sleep position suggestions
- Pay attention to driving - Make sure you can reach the pedals properly, adjust your seat so it's not reclining, and keep your shoulders back
- Look up with technology - Don't slouch over your laptop, keep all monitors at eye level, raise your phone up to your eyes instead of leaning your head towards your phone, and take plenty of breaks
- Lift with correct form - With feet shoulder-width apart, bend at your knees, keep the object close to your body, and lift with your back in a neutral position
Chiropractic Care Encourages Good Posture
Your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic can help you correct and maintain your posture with precise chiropractic adjustments that target the problem areas in your body. In addition to that, they can also offer plenty of suggestions on fitness and sleep that will help you live a healthier, pro-posture lifestyle!
It can't be stressed enough how important good posture is and why you should make the necessary corrections today. If you are looking for additional help, come on in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic! With more than 500 locations nationwide, daily hours, and no appointment or referrals required, it couldn't be any easier to correct your posture and improve your future health!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Austin, Tex.