A Healthy Spine for a Healthy Life
By Donna Stark
We do hundreds of things throughout the week and never think about what those actions are doing to our spines until we have pain. And to be honest, that's not a great system to live by, is it? But it is one of the main reasons why you should establish regular chiropractic adjustments. You see, a healthy lifestyle is dependent on a healthy spine, and a healthy spine can only be achieved with routine chiropractic care.
A Happy Spine
Your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic want to help you achieve optimal health and fitness because they know that once you do, you will be able to start living the life you have always dreamed of. Take a look at how chiropractic care can impact your days.
- Improves physical health - Routine chiropractic care helps to alleviate pain, ease muscle tension, and reduce inflammation. It can also reduce the risk of serious medical issues and health complications such as heart disease, diabetes, certain cancers, and respiratory issues.
- Enhances physical performance - Regular chiropractic adjustments can help improve your physical performance by restoring joint function, increasing flexibility, improving range of motion, and strengthening stability. Essentially, they help your body move with more control and ease.
- Strengthens mental skills - The adjustments that your local chiropractor provides help support healthy brain development. They can also improve memory, mental clarity, and focus, while reducing the risk of cognitive decline.
Come on in Today!
Seeing your chiropractor regularly is the best way to maintain a happy spine and a healthy lifestyle, but you can't count on someone else doing all the work for you! Just like you do plenty of things during the week that can hurt your spine, there is an equal number of things that will help improve it. Here are some of your chiropractor's favorite spine-friendly tips.
- Standing - To keep as much pressure off your back as you can, stand with your knees slightly bent, keep your head in a neutral position, and shift your weight frequently
- Lifting - Bend at the knees to become level with the object, hold the item close to your body, use your leg muscles to lift, and avoid any abnormal twists to your back
- Sitting - Keep your feet flat on the floor, avoid rolling your shoulders forward, maintain a neutral position with your head, and take plenty of breaks throughout the day
- Using technology - Avoid looking down at your electronic device for extended periods of time, set your work or school monitor at eye level, and opt for a headset if you must be on the phone a lot
Living Your Best Life
Are you ready to start living your best life? If so, head on in to The Joint Chiropractic! With more than 500 locations nationwide, daily hours, and hassle-free visits, living your best life couldn't be any easier to achieve.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Austin, Tex.