Tips for Allergy Sufferers
By Donna Stark
Sometimes it seems like there is no end to the suffering. The constant watery eyes, itchy throats, and runny noses ... if only our allergy symptoms came and went like our seasons do, right? But unfortunately, that's not how it always works. For many allergy sufferers, allergy season doesn't even exist. For them, it's allergy year, and that year can be long and miserable if they don't know how to fight back!
Dealing With Non-Stop Allergies
Spring, summer, fall, and winter. Each season comes with its own set of allergies and if you are affected by them all, life can be pretty darn miserable. So stop filling your handbag or backpack with tissues and eye drops, and put your allergy symptoms behind you! Check out the tips below. They may help you survive your year of allergies.
Spring and Summer
Don't let the pollen from trees, grass, and weeds keep you indoors during this time of year. Be proactive instead with the following precautions.
- Avoid the outdoors when pollen counts are high
- Keep doors and windows closed
- Keep your lawn cut short
- Wear a face mask when doing yard work
- Change clothes after being outdoors for extended amounts of time
- Take a shower and wash your hair before going to bed
Fall and Winter
This time of year may be filled with pumpkin spice, piles of leaves, and cozy nights at home, but that's not all it's filled with. Take a look at how you can reduce allergy symptoms during this time of year too.
- Wear a face mask when raking and bagging leaves (they could have mold)
- Wear pants and long-sleeved shirts to those fun corn mazes and petting zoos
- Change clothing and take a shower after being outdoors
- Vacuum and dust your home regularly during the winter, especially if you have pets
- Use air purifiers in your home
- Open a window or two every couple of days to let fresh air circulate in your home
Make Your Year Better
With simple modifications to your daily habits, you can easily reduce the levels of pollen, mold, dust, and other irritants in your life. So go ahead and start today! There is no better time than now to begin the process of ending your year-long misery and finding the relief your body is screaming for. And if you still have questions on what you can do, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic for more advice and tips!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Killeen, Tex.