Hitting 40 and Getting Fit? Chiropractic Helps
By Sandy Schroeder
Whatever the number when you blow the candles out, age may be a moving target with fitness. What we do with what we have in our 30s, 40s or 50s may make the difference.
Here’s what health researchers say.
- “Your chronological age may be 55 but your biological age can be 35 with a consistent exercise program,” according to WebMD.
- “Getting older is inevitable, but it's possible to slow down aging with regular exercise,” according to Mayo Clinic.
- “Exercise can reverse damage to sedentary, aging hearts to help prevent future heart failure, if it’s enough exercise, begun in time,” according to cardiologists at UT Southwestern and Texas Health Resources.
As we all pay more attention to fitness, chiropractic can be a very useful way to get back on track and stay there.
The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you sees a steady stream of people every day who are looking for the best answers for fitness, health and wellness. The Joint’s licensed chiropractors consistently help them find the right answers.
When you come in, you and your chiropractor can talk about your fitness goals, current lifestyle and health history. Starting with spinal health, a gentle targeted spinal adjustment may provide a fresh slate, easing any aches and pains, and creating a fresh sense of well-being.
Many people feel like they have turned the page as they sleep better, feel more energetic, or feel less stressed.
Weekly 15-minute spinal adjustments may become the platform to retain those benefits and create ongoing fitness plans.
- See your doctor for approval of fitness plans
- Review your schedule to insert specific fitness times
- Try out exercises to find the ones that fit you
Getting Out There
Pick the spots that please you.
Hit the hiking trails – San Antonio has many hiking trails that may be just right for you and your family.
Check free or low cost programs – Water aerobics, park fitness programs and other community classes may be a fit.
Try for 30-minutes daily – Back up weekend efforts with daily walking, running, jogging, strength training or stretching.
Match diet to fitness – Get plenty of lean protein, whole grains and fresh fruit and vegetables. Cut sugars way back.
Stay hydrated – Keep your system healthy with enough water. Hold the coffee, alcohol and sodas down.
As you develop the fitness routines that work for you, chiropractic may help you keep it moving. Stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you to find out more about the weekend and evening hours, affordable personal healthcare plans that eliminate insurance, and the walk-in visits. No appointments are needed.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in San Antonio, Tex.