Are You Ready for a Technology Detox?
By Donna Stark
The use of technology has become an essential part of everyone's lives, whether we like to admit it or not. From working in front of a computer all day to squinting at a laptop in bed to scrolling through social media until the late hours of the night, having our eyes glued to screens has become a common activity for people of all ages. And although some people see absolutely nothing wrong with doing it, your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic would disagree.
Why You Need to Take a Break
If you are like millions of others who are addicted to their technology, your local chiropractors would like to speak to you! Because no matter how much good can come from having the knowledge of the world right at your fingertips, there is plenty of bad to offset it. Take a look at the damaging effects that too much screen time can have on your overall health and wellness.
- Poor posture - Staring at computer screens and your phone throughout the day increases the likelihood of neck, shoulder, and back strain. And if you continue to maintain poor posture for an extended amount of time, it can even lead to long-lasting and permanent damage.
- Sedentary lifestyle - When most people are staring at screens, they are usually sitting, and we all know that too much sitting can wreak havoc on our health. But do you know to what extent? Physical inactivity can increase the risk of certain cancers, anxiety and depression, heart disease, obesity, and diminished muscle mass.
- Mental health - Isolation, loneliness, depression, and dissatisfaction. They aren't very positive words, are they? But they are words you may become too familiar with if you are glued to your technology. Too much screen time encourages the avoidance of people and social activities, and can exacerbate mental health pain as well.
Chiropractic Care Can Help
Although routine chiropractic care can't keep the phone out of your hand, it can help to decrease the effects that excessive screen time has on your body. Take a look at how chiropractic adjustments can make a difference in your life.
- Places your body in proper alignment
- Supports good posture
- Encourages physical activity
- Reduces the strain placed on your muscles and joints
- Reduces the risk of serious health issues and complications
- Decreases stress, anxiety, and depression
Detox From Technology
Getting away from your electronic devices and seeing your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic can make a huge improvement in your physical and mental well-being. So take a break and come on in for an adjustment. You may be surprised at how much better you feel!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Webster, Tex.