Motivational Tips for a Sweet Day
By Donna Stark
Some days, it takes all the grit you have to face what's ahead of you. Feelings of being overwhelmed with work, beaten down by your toddler, or swamped with studies is just enough to keep the best of us hiding under the covers of our bed. And even though it isn't always that bad, of course, there is no denying that we may require more motivation on some days than on others.
Which Lemon are You?
When asked how you imagine the day ahead of you will be, do you reply "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy," or do you answer back "stressed depressed, lemon zest?" And be careful here, because the answer you give can significantly change the outcome of your day, whether you mean for that to happen or not. So why not start choosing the easy peasy answer? You can do so with these simple morning motivation exercises.
- Get up early - Studies show that early risers are often better at planning their day and are more successful and productive than those who sleep in. Maintaining a healthy bedtime routine can help with this.
- Make your bed - There is no better way to get the momentum going than by checking that first task off your to-do list, so do as you mom would want, and make your bed.
- Eat a healthy breakfast - You are what you eat, so fill your breakfast with everything good. It truly is the best way to fuel your body and start your day on the right foot.
- Work out - Exercising in the morning forces you to get that early start, boosts your mood naturally, and increases your energy so you can hit the ground running. And you don't need hours to do it. An early morning walk is enough to get your blood pumping.
- Know your purpose - Why do you kill yourself every day? Is it for that promotion you have been eyeing, that new family car you need, or your loved ones that you come home to every night? Remind yourself why you are working your hands to the bone by placing pictures or notes on your bathroom mirror.
- Do something you enjoy - If the extra time in the car with your child or that coffee shop beverage is what you look forward to, then by all means, make it happen! Starting your morning with things you enjoy can set the tone for the rest of the day.
Make Some Lemonade
The most important thing you can do to start your day off on a good note is to simply take care of your physical and mental health. And remember, it doesn't matter what kind of a lemon your day is projected to be, because with some very simple steps, you can now ensure it will be a sweet one.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Scottsdale, Ariz.