Run to The Joint Chiropractic
By Donna Stark
You would think that after walking, running is the next easiest thing to do, but for some, it isn't always as easy as it would seem. And that's because running can be hard, it can be confusing, but worst of all, it can be risky, especially for your joints. From your hips to your knees to the bottoms of your feet, the potential for injury is always there, but don't let that stop you! You can be the best runner out on the road or on the track with chiropractic care from The Joint Chiropractic on your side.
Chiropractic Care and Running
Whether you run 10, 25, or 100 miles a week, routine chiropractic care can make a huge difference in how you feel. Chiropractic care can help improve the way your body functions, enhance your overall performance, and reduce the risk of becoming injured. Take a look at how it can do so.
- Places the body's joints in proper alignment
- Corrects joint dysfunction and restores motion
- Alleviates pain from hip bursitis
- Reduces muscle tension and stiffness
- Decreases inflammation
- Improves range of motion and balance
- Helps to support increased stamina and endurance
- Helps to correct gait and foot problems
- Speeds the healing and recovery process of present injuries
- Reduces the risk of future injuries and joint degeneration
Tips for Easy Running
In addition to regular chiropractic adjustments, there are several other things you should do before embarking on your running journey. Here are some tips that will help make those runs easier to complete.
- Wear the correct shoes and replace them when needed
- Run on different surfaces (roads, high school track, grass, sand) several times a week
- Switch your route frequently for a different workout and new challenges
- Focus on your posture and form
- Stretch before and after your runs
- Dedicate one to two days of your week to non-running workouts, such as strength training or swimming
Run, Don't Walk, to The Joint Chiropractic
If you want to stay healthy, improve your performance, and remain free of injuries, head on in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic before you do any more running. With their precise adjustments, quality care, and helpful advice, your runs may end up being better than you could have ever imagined! And with more than 600 locations nationwide, extended hours, and walk-in availability (of course, you can always run into the building too if you want), getting those adjustments is one of the easiest processes to go through.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Scottsdale, Ariz.