Solve Your Hip Pain Problems!
By Sara Butler
Hip pain can strike anyone at any time. The chiropractors at The Joint have seen hip pain occur for a variety of reasons and in many forms. Whether you’re dealing with stabbing pain in the front of your hip, the back, or the sides, the chiropractors at The Joint are committed to uncovering the source of your pain so that treatment can address the underlying issue. Here’s what you need to know about hip pain and how the chiropractors at The Joint can help.
The Causes of Hip Pain
Hip pain often isn’t the result of a single problem. It can have many roots, such as:
- Muscle strain/overuse injury – This is a common cause of hip pain for physically active people. Going through the same motions over and over can cause damage to the muscles that results in pain.
- Bursitis – The cushion of fluid that helps to reduce friction in your hip joints is called the trochanteric bursa. When it gets inflamed it can result in something called bursitis -- an inflammatory condition that can result in pain and loss of mobility.
- Osteoarthritis – Over time, normal wear and tear can lead to arthritis in a joint where the cartilage that helps to cushion the hip degenerates.
- Transient osteoporosis – This is a condition that is painful but reversible for some people. It may strike middle-aged men or pregnant women and result in hip pain.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to conditions that cause pain in the hip. You should see a chiropractor at The Joint for a proper assessment and diagnosis.
Chiropractic Solutions for Hip Pain
Chiropractic care offers natural, safe, and effective treatments for hip pain. Even conditions that can’t be completely healed with chiropractic care alone can help to reduce symptoms and help you feel better. The aim of the chiropractors at The Joint is to identify the underlying cause of your symptoms and treat it. They offer a variety of treatments, such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments – Eliminating joint restriction and dysfunction can help to reduce pain
- Lifestyle advice – If there are certain behaviors at the root of your hip pain, the chiropractor can help you identify it and change
- Exercises – There may be a series of exercises and stretches recommended by the chiropractor to help increase strength and range of motion
If you suffer from hip pain, come into The Joint Chiropractic today for an evaluation and put an end to your pain!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in San Jose, Calif.