Pinched Nerve? See Your Chiropractor!
By Donna Stark
The word "pinch" rarely brings a smile to our faces. Whether it's a physical pinch or a financial pinch, it usually means that we are feeling pain in some form or another. Everyone knows that most types of pinches feel bad, but there is one type that can be worse than the others, and that type is pinched nerves. Fortunately, your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic can help, and they can help in more ways than one. Because in addition to helping you find relief from that painful pinch, they can also help you pinch your pennies with their affordable wellness plans.
What is a Pinched Nerve?
When too much pressure from surrounding tissue is placed on a nerve, it is said to be pinched. And although it mostly occurs in areas where nerves travel through a narrow space, it can actually affect any part of the body. Take a look at some of the symptoms below.
- Shooting pain up or down a limb
- Pain that radiates to another part of the body
- Swelling and inflammation
- Burning or tingling sensations
- Muscle spasms
- Reduced range of motion
What Causes a Pinched Nerve?
Many cases of pinched nerves come from our body positions and movements, so it is important to be very mindful of them. Here are a few of the most common causes of a pinched nerve.
- Sudden, unnatural movements of the body
- Repetitive motions
- Injury due to some type of accident or fall
- Poor posture
- Poor support during sleep
- Lack of ergonomics at the workplace
- Inflammation related to conditions like arthritis and tendonitis
Chiropractic Care for a Pinched Nerve
Pinched nerves can lead to chronic pain and permanent nerve damage if left untreated, so it's important to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic as soon as you can. Check out how they can help.
- Identifies and targets the underlying source of pain
- Relieves the pressure placed on the nerve
- Offers suggestions on how to heal your body with stretches and exercise
- Provides quick relief and long-lasting results without the use of medications or invasive procedures
Pinching Those Pennies With Chiropractic Care
The only type of pinching that your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic support is the type that saves you money! So come on in today! With more than 475 locations, daily hours, affordable wellness plans, and no appointment required, it couldn't be any easier to find relief! Sound too good to be true? Maybe, but you can always pinch yourself to make sure you aren't dreaming!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Arvada, Colo.