Treating Neck Pain With Chiropractic Care
By Donna Stark
You know the old saying, "It's a pain in the neck"? Well, when you live with chronic neck pain you begin to understand why that saying came about. Neck pain can cause tremendous discomfort in the neck, head, arms, shoulders, and back, and can make even the simplest of movements exceedingly difficult. Many people who struggle with neck pain experience limited mobility and are more at risk for weakened muscles and future degeneration. Understanding the root of your neck pain is vital to restoring your health and your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic can help!
Causes of Neck Pain
In addition to the pain in your neck, shoulders, and back, neck issues can also contribute to headaches, muscle tension, and nerve issues. It's important to seek help at The Joint Chiropractic as soon as you can if your pain lasts for more than a couple of days. But before we talk about how chiropractic care can help you, let's take a look at some of the most common causes of neck pain.
- Poor posture
- Repetitive stress
- Joint dysfunction
- Muscle strain
- Nerve irritation
- Incorrect sleeping position
Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain
Chronic neck pain can disrupt your life in so many ways, but your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic can help treat these issues and get you back on track to a life without pain. Here's how chiropractic care can help.
- Identifies and treats the underlying cause
- Removes nerve interference and joint restrictions
- Places the spine in proper alignment
- Encourages optimal function of the body's nervous system
- Improves mobility and joint function
- Allows the body to heal itself without the use of drugs or invasive procedures
The chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic have been successfully treating patients with neck issues but there are some things that you can do as well to help alleviate the pain. Here are some suggestions.
- Watch your posture
- Create an ergonomic workstation
- Invest in a good mattress and pillow
- Avoid carrying heavy purses
- Keep your head in a neutral position when using devices
- Exercise and stretch your neck
- Stay hydrated
- Sleep on your back if you can
Reduce Your Pain, Improve Your Quality of Life
The gentle adjustments your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic provide can bring relief and restoration to your neck and entire body, so come on in today! With more than 450 locations nationwide, daily hours, and no appointment or referral necessary, it couldn't be any easier to bring an end to that pain in your neck.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Jacksonville, Fla.