You Can't Go Wrong With Beaches and Chiropractic Care
By Donna Stark
It certainly isn't difficult to get sweaty in Florida, but if you are looking for a new location to get a great workout for your body, you don't have to look further than your local beach! I mean, could anything be better? The waves, the ocean breeze, the salty smell ... seems to be the perfect spot to get your sweat on. But more importantly, it's a perfect way to improve your overall fitness! And on top of that, when you add chiropractic care to your routine, there is no way you won't be killing it! So whether you need to shed a few pounds or just want to stay in shape, head to the beach and then head on over to The Joint Chiropractic!
Taking your fitness routine to the beach naturally adds some elements that you won't be able to find in a gym, and it's a great way to enhance your favorite exercises and reduce some of the boredom you may be experiencing by doing the same routine day after day. Take a look at how the beach can add some spark to your workouts.
- Requires more effort - If you have walked on a beach before, you know how much effort is needed to push forward. This extra effort, required because your feet sink into the sand, engages your calves, hamstrings, quads, and glutes. And that's good, because in addition to strengthening your muscles, it also increases your heart rate and burns calories.
- Improves balance - Before you start your workout, just take a moment to watch others walk on the beach. Notice anything? You may actually see people struggling to maintain their balance and that's because the sand is unstable under their feet. What may be an annoyance to some can actually enhance your workout by forcing you to engage your core muscles every time you move.
- Cushions your joints - You've been told to avoid running on concrete because it is horrible for your joints, so save your running for the beach! Sand is more forgiving than those hard sidewalks and is a lot easier on your joints, but remember, it is still unstable. Start off slowly to make sure you are in control of your footing.
Now that you got your beach workout planned, don't forget about your chiropractic adjustment! Chiropractic care can help improve your overall fitness level and enhance your athletic performance. Here's how.
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Improves balance and stability
- Encourages optimal function of your body's joints and muscles
- Increases energy and vitality
- Reduces the risk of injury
Getting Sweaty and Staying Healthy
You may need to remember your sunscreen for the beach, but you don't need to bring anything special for your adjustment at The Joint Chiropractic! In fact, you don't even need an appointment. Just come on in, but first shake the sand out of your shoes!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Jacksonville, Fla.