Chiropractors Offer a Wide Range of Pain Treatments
By Stephen R. Farris
Ignoring pain, especially in the muscles and softer tissue areas, can put you at risk of developing problems with mobility. This could be from the buildup of scar tissue in the injured region.
Scar tissue buildup can cause stiffness, and in some cases, trap nerves which can add more to your pain.
Fortunately there's a way to help bring relief to the pain you're feeling. It's a treatment named ART (Active Release Technique) and is something your local chiropractor is very familiar with.
ART is used to help break up scar tissue in muscles in soft tissues, which helps promote better blood flow to the injured area and makes healing much quicker.
Some of the symptoms requiring treatment by using ART include:
- Stiffness in your neck, elbow, hands, knees, or back
- Increased pain during exercise
- Sharp pain in the bottom of your foot near the heel
- Pain, numbness, and/or tingling in your fingers
- Reduced flexibility and limited range of motion
- Decrease in strength
- Inflamed joints
- Tingling, numbness, and/or weakness
Benefits resulting from the use of ART:
- Increased flexibility
- Better range of motion
- Reduction in lower back pain
- Improvement of chronic neck pain
- Relief from those intense headaches
- Helps manage the pain from carpal tunnel syndrome
- Helps manage the pain from shin splints
- Helps manage the pain from plantar fasciitis
- Helps manage the pain from tennis elbow
- Helps manage the pain from sciatica
One thing to remember. ART treatments can be painful, so be prepared if you have low tolerance for pain. Most ART treatments do the trick in as little as one single treatment, but some injuries may require more.
So the next time you're feeling pain in your feet, ankles, legs, hips and lower back region a licensed doctor of chiropractic medicine, such as the ones found at The Joint Chiropractic can help give you relief. With their hands-on, gentle, all-natural, noninvasive, and non-addictive treatment, you'll wonder why you didn't get pain relief help sooner.
And when you're ready to get help to improve your range of motion and get back into your favorite activities and life in general, then walk into any of The Joint Chiropractic locations -- more than 600 nationwide and growing -- and ask to talk with one of their professional chiropractors on staff. No appointment is necessary and treatment options are available to fit anybody's pocketbook.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Melbourne, Fla.