Important Message from The Joint Chiropractic regarding COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) - Read More

Health Benefits of Phosphorus

By Madhusudhan Tammisetti

Phosphorus is an important mineral that helps the body perform various functions, including bone and tooth formation, waste removal, muscle and nerve conductions, balancing the usage of some vitamins, and DNA and RNA synthesis. Bones and teeth contain about 85 percent of the body's phosphorus. The remaining 15 percent is distributed in the body's soft tissues.

Phosphorus is found in the body as phosphate and is a phosphorus salt. Doctors often interchange the words phosphorus and phosphate.

Food contains the majority of the needed phosphorus since it's abundant in the diet. A small percentage of the population only needs phosphate supplementation.

Natural Energy Boost

A lack of phosphorus in the body is one reason for feeling sluggish, tired, or sore muscles. Professional and amateur athletes frequently take energy drinks to replace the fluids they lose when training. The recommended daily allowance (RDA) of phosphorous in most energy drinks is just one or two percent. Chocolate milk is a good option for athletes. You may find 378 milligrams of phosphorous in one cup of chocolate milk. Adults need roughly 1200 milligrams of phosphorus per day to function effectively throughout the day.

Arthritis and Osteoporosis Prevention

In 2015, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that about 60 million people in the United States had arthritis, fibromyalgia, or lupus. According to the CDC, the amount may rise to 78 million Americans in about 20 years. Also, 5 percent of men aged 65 and up suffer from neck and back osteoporosis. In women, this number increases dramatically. Phosphorus protects bones due to its presence in them. It also aids in the reduction of inflammation in the joints of arthritic patients.

Fully Functioning Brain

Dementia refers to a steady decline in brain activity. A major cranial fracture or a stroke may trigger it. Alzheimer's disorder is the most prevalent form of dementia. Alzheimer's disease is described as memory loss that's serious enough to interfere with a patient's everyday activities. Dementia, on the other hand, may not be called an aging condition. If the body doesn't get a proper diet, it may not be able to create proteins to heal itself. Physicians and medical experts often recommend a phosphorus-rich diet that helps cell regeneration in the body and brain. Dementia patients also exhibit a deficiency in vitamins and minerals in the bodies.

Weight Loss

Often a medical practitioner assesses the metabolism rate in adults and children who are attempting to reduce weight. A low metabolism makes complex carbohydrates and fats in food difficult to break down, which may contribute to weight gain. A faster metabolism aids in the breakdown of fats and carbohydrates. Phosphorus amounts in the body that are higher stimulate oxidation and aid fat elimination.

To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Shreveport, La.

Story Link

Story Link

Download your offer today and save!

$29 New Patient Special, Consultation | Exam | Adjustment

Offer valued at $39. Valid for new patients only. See clinic for chiropractor(s)' name and license info. Clinics managed and/or owned by franchisee or Prof. Corps. Restrictions may apply to Medicare eligible patients. Individual results may vary.