If Your Job Makes Your Back Ache, Chiropractic Helps
By Sandy Schroeder
Many of us sit every day for many hours and head home with an aching back. Too much sitting can lead to lower back pain. If your back aches at the end of every day, it may be time to get some chiropractic relief. A healthy spine can help turn things around.
The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you staffs a wellness center with doctors of chiropractic who are well equipped to help.
Seeing Your Chiropractic
When you come in, your chiropractor will explain how a healthy spine can make a world of difference. The spinal column consists of 24 vertebrae that enable the body to move through the day from that early morning run to that last lazy stretch at night.The spine also houses the central nervous system that acts as command central for the body's many functions.
A gentle targeted spinal adjustment may provide far-reaching pain relief and an overall sense of well-being.
Wellness is unique to each individual. As you assess your benefits, you may experience lower back pain relief, better sleep, more energy and less stress.
Weekly 15-minute spinal adjustments may help you stay pain-free. At the same time you may learn new ways to protect your back with tips like these from the Joint Chiropractic.
Tips to Reduce Low Back Pain at Work
- Sit with back support, such as a rolled-up towel at the curve of the back
- Keep hips and knees at a right angle with a footrest or stool if needed
- Avoid crossing legs and keep feet flat on the floor
- Stand with head up, shoulders straight, chest forward, hips tucked in and weight balanced on both feet
- Keep computer monitors and other screens at eye level
- Take breaks every hour to stretch or walk
- Consider using an adjustable workstation to stand or sit while you work
- Encourage walking meetings and discussions
Additional Ways to Counter Sitting
- Add 30 minutes of walking to your day
- Walk or bike whenever you can
- Start your morning with some easy stretches
- Keep weekends active with biking, hiking or running
- Keep kids active with soccer, basketball or volleyball
- Release stress with a yoga or tai chi class
- Try dancing or ballet studio classes
- Put your treadmill and yoga mat near the TV
When you are ready to ditch that back ache, stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you. Affordable healthcare plans eliminate the hassle of insurance. Weekend and evening hours make visits convenient. Walk-in visits are welcome.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Roseville, Minn.