Spread Some Kindness!
By Donna Stark
By a show of hands, who has resolved to hand out extra doses of kindness this year? Well, if you answered yes and your hand is in the air, that's a great way to start the new year because as we all know, the world could use some extra kindness to go around. But I am wondering ... what have you come up with so far? Do you have any plans set in motion yet or are you going to wait for the right moment to move you? Either way is fine because no matter how you do it, spreading kindness is the way to go, but if you are looking for some ideas, keep reading! Here are some great suggestions on how to make a difference in the world.
Family and Friends
Did you know that kindness attracts positivity in the lives of everyone involved and inspires those around you to pay it forward? Start spreading your love to those closest to you with the following ideas.
- Clean out a family member's car
- Cook dinner for your grandparents
- Call your mom (and your dad, too)
- Offer to run errands for a sibling
- Send flowers to your daughter
- Treat a friend to lunch or coffee
Your place of work and the people you work with are such huge parts of your life that you may as well call it your home away from home and them your second family. So go ahead and show some kindness and gratitude. Here are some ideas.
- Leave an encouraging note on your coworker's desk
- Treat everyone to donuts
- Take a coworker out to lunch
- Ask about a coworker's family (then gush over their pictures)
- Offer to be a mentor
- Offer to help with a coworker's project
You've paid your kindness forward to everyone close to you, now it's time to spread your wings and head out into the community! Check out these great suggestions.
- Pick up trash on your next walk or jog
- Send a few positive cards to your local nursing home
- Leave a small gift for your mail carrier, trash collector, or delivery person
- Buy a stranger's beverage
- Help a local charity with their fundraisers
- Tip generously for good service
You Don't Need a Reason
Just remember, kindness is always a choice and you certainly don't need a reason to spread it around, so go ahead and get crazy! Impact someone's life today and watch what happens by doing so. Kindness is similar to the flu ... once you catch it, you can't help but to pass it on!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Woodbury, Minn.