Chiropractic Care for Fall Allergies
By Donna Stark
If you think your child's tears and sniffles are a result of school starting again, you may want to think back to last year because chances are that the school has nothing to do with them. Those symptoms are more than likely being caused by fall allergies instead. Remember them? Actually, how can you forget? The miserable days and sleepless nights sure did make the start of school extra challenging, didn't they? Luckily, you don't have to deal with them alone this year. You can bring your child in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic and get all the help you need.
Pollen, mold, and pet dander are just a few of the most common allergy triggers in the fall. Their symptoms can range from mildly annoying to downright miserable. And since the length of time that you and your loved ones must deal with those symptoms is dependent on where you live, it is difficult to give the fall allergy season a definite timeline. Fortunately, you have a safe and effective option just down the road from you that can help at any time of the year!
Chiropractic Care Can Help
When the spine is out of alignment, the body's nervous, respiratory, and immune systems may not function as well as they should. And when they aren't functioning well, you can expect a pretty miserable fall allergy season ahead of you. Here's how routine chiropractic care can make a difference in the lives of your loved ones this year.
- Reduces allergy symptoms without the use of any prescription medications
- Removes joint restrictions and nerve interference which helps restore proper function to the body
- Clears the communication pathways between the brain and the rest of the body
- Helps clear sinus passageways by encouraging them to drain properly
Home Strategies That Help
In addition to getting regular chiropractic adjustments, there are some things you can do at home that will help everyone breathe and feel better too. Take a look at the following suggestions.
- Check pollen counts and stay indoors when they are high
- Keep your windows and doors shut
- Replace air filters in the home
- Clean your air ducts
- Shower and wash your hair before bed
- Wear a filter mask when working outside
- Don't let your child play in dead or wet leaves
Say Goodbye to Allergy Symptoms!
Don't blame your child's school or teacher for those tears. Blame the fall allergies instead! And then bring your family in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic. With more than 500 locations nationwide and hassle-free visits, it couldn't be any easier to get through the start of school sniffle-free!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Columbia, S.C.