Want to Hurt Less and Move More? Try Chiropractic
By Sandy Schroeder
If you hurt a little, or a lot, when you get up in the morning, you may be looking for ways to improve your flexibility and reduce pain. Chiropractic and stretching exercises may help.
See Your Chiropractor
The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you staffs a wellness center with doctors of chiropractic who are well equipped to help. When you come in your chiropractor will assess your range of motion and pain, and ask about your daily schedule, and health history. The chiropractic focus on spinal health often improves overall health.
A gentle targeted spinal adjustment may relieve pain and provide an overall sense of wellness with more energy and alertness.
Weekly 15-minute spinal adjustments may keep the benefits coming and provide a platform to help you improve your flexibility with stretching. Wherever you are in work, sports and weekend activities, stretching may help soothe arthritis, knee and back pain. HarvardHealth suggests stretching for these areas.
- Ease tight muscles and extend range of motion
- Soothe an aching back
- Loosen up stiff sore knees
- Improve posture
- Ease shoulder and neck pain
- Target leg and upper body muscles used to walk, run and reach
As always, get your doctor’s approval before you begin new exercises.
Here is a sample of the stretches to do from self.com.
Forward Fold Hamstring Stretch
Stretch the neck, back, glutes, hamstrings and calves.
- Stand with knees slightly bent, feet about 12 inches apart
- Bend forward at the hips toward the floor; keep head, neck and shoulders relaxed
- Wrap arms around backs of legs and hold 45 seconds
- Bend knees and roll back up
Improve poor posture and ease upper back tension.
- Sit on a mat with knees bent, feet flat on the floor
- Clasp your hands together behind lower back
- Squeeze shoulder blades together and straighten and extend arms
- Hold for three seconds and release
- Repeat 5 to 10 times
I have had many friends, family and co-workers who turned to their chiropractors to relieve pain and improve their lives with key fitness strategies. When you are ready to start, stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic near you. Find out about the personal affordable healthcare packages and plans that eliminate the hassle of insurance. Weekend and evening hours are available and walk-in visits are welcome. No appointments are needed.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Lexington, S.C.