Lose the Wobbles With Chiropractic Care!
By Donna Stark
Heading into your senior years can bring a lot of positive changes. You have retirement to look forward to, grandbabies to hold, and vacations to plan for, but there are also some changes that don't sound as great that many hope to avoid. This is a time when life can really knock you off balance and if you aren't prepared, that fall to the ground can take you by surprise. And I mean that literally. Seniors are at an increased risk for falls, and those falls can result in a lot more than just a simple bump and bruise. So I'm wondering ... how prepared are you for those times when your body wobbles more than it can stand? If you aren't sure, then I suggest you head on in to The Joint Chiropractic, because bringing balance to their patients' lives is one of the things your local chiropractor does best.
Balance Your Life With Chiropractic Care
Broken bones, hip fractures, brain injuries ... even when there are no serious injuries, a fall can still be so unnerving that many will avoid the activity that caused them to fall in the first place. You don't want that to happen in your life because remember, you have a lot to look forward to in the upcoming years, so take action now and come on in for an adjustment. Here's why.
- Increased balance and coordination - As you age, you may find that your balance and coordination are getting worse, but your local chiropractor can help with that. By properly aligning the spine and restoring optimal function to the body's muscles and joints, the risk of falls and injury are significantly reduced.
- Improved range of motion and flexibility - Chiropractic care has consistently been shown to increase the body's range of motion and improve its flexibility. This is important for seniors who wish to remain independent because it also helps them avoid potentially dangerous situations by improving their mobility as well.
Balance Your Everyday Life at Home
In addition to preparing your body for those wobbly moments, you also will want to prepare and enhance your safety at home. The best way to do so is to take a stroll from room to room and check your surroundings for trouble spots. Here are some suggestions.
- Illuminate hallways and bedrooms with nightlights
- Install grab bars in your bathroom where needed
- Keep walkways and stairs clear by cleaning up your clutter
- Move to a one-story home if possible or install a stair lift
- Remove or tack down rugs and fix any loose boards or tile
- Update your kitchen so you are easily able to reach what is needed
Balance is Key
Don't let your wobbles keep you on the ground or in constant fear of falling. With more than 450 locations nationwide, extended hours, and no appointment necessary, it couldn't be any easier to find your balance at The Joint Chiropractic!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Mesa, Ariz.