Headache Pain During Pregnancy
By Donna Kostiew
There are so many things to look forward to once you find out you are pregnant, but headaches are definitely not one of them. Nothing shuts down your life faster than a severe headache or migraine. The pain that permeates throughout your head and neck can overshadow all of the joy you feel during this time, and it’s especially hard to manage since many medications are to be avoided. It’s a tough situation to be in, and what makes it even tougher is that you are already dealing with so many different changes happening with your body. Who needs a headache on top of that?
Causes of Pregnancy Headaches
There are so many body changes during pregnancy that it may be hard to pinpoint the exact cause, but your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic is there to help. Let’s take a look at a few of the main causes of pregnancy headaches.
- Alignment – It is easy for your body to start having alignment issues while pregnant due to movement of the pelvis, increased weight, and changes in posture.
- Poor sleep – Getting rest while pregnant is so important, yet can be difficult to attain as it becomes harder and harder to find a comfortable sleeping position. And let’s not forget the frequent bathroom trips that interrupt your sleep as well.
- Stress - Headaches are often stress-related, and although this is certainly an exciting time, many find it to be extremely stressful.
It’s difficult to live and function at your best while dealing with painful headaches, especially when it’s advised to avoid most medications. But that doesn’t mean you have to suffer.
Chiropractic Care for Headaches
Chiropractic care is a safe, effective, and drug-free solution that reduces the pain and discomfort you may be feeling. It looks to eliminate the actual source of the pain and helps the rest of the body in the following ways.
- Places the spine in proper alignment
- Improves posture
- Improves the function of the nervous system
- Regulates the body’s hormone production
- Reduces muscle tension
Your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic will safely meet the unique needs that your body demands during pregnancy. It’s a choice of treatment that you can feel comfortable with, and with more than 400 locations nationwide, and no appointment necessary, that choice couldn’t be any easier. Stop the pain and suffering, toss away their shadows, and find the joys that come with pregnancy once again.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Phoenix, Ariz.