Chiropractic Care for Golfers
By Donna Stark
It's no surprise to anyone that golf can be hard on your lower back. The quick twists, the constant bending, and the precarious positions you put your body in just to keep your ball in play can easily increase your risk of injury every time you step foot on the greens. And if you already have a back injury? Well, be careful! A Saturday morning golf game could lay you up in bed for days, and even though your friends may feel awful that you are hurt, if you are the better player, I'm not so sure they will feel the same if your game suffers from it.
Chiropractic Care for the Golfer
Seeing your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic won't guarantee any holes-in-one or keep your ball from landing in the bunker, but it may end up being exactly what you need in order to improve your overall game and start winning some of those friendly wagers you make with those you play against. Take a look at how chiropractic care can improve your game.
- Alleviates pain and discomfort
- Reduces the amount of stress and strain placed on the body
- Places your body into proper alignment
- Removes joint restrictions and nerve compression
- Improves blood flow to vital muscles
- Increases flexibility and range of motion in the spine, shoulders, elbows, knees, and wrists
- Improves balance and coordination
- Increases joint mobility and postural stability
- Increases focus and concentration
- Reduces the risk of repetitive-motion injuries
- Encourages quality sleep
You Have a Responsibility Too
In addition to routine chiropractic care, taking certain steps on your own before and during the game can also help improve your score! Check out the following tips.
- Arrive early and stretch
- Warm-up with a short walk and some light swings
- Stay properly hydrated
- Avoid carrying your bag by using a golf push cart
- Take lessons to learn the correct technique and most efficient way to swing your clubs
- Maintain an adequate level of fitness and strength
Better Health, Better Game
Whether you are a weekend warrior on the golf course, a seasoned pro, or a fan of any other sport, it's critical to your game (and your overall wellness) that you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Get plenty of sleep, pay attention to your diet, and exercise daily! And once you have those healthy habits established, add one more by seeing your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic regularly! Routine chiropractic adjustments are a great foundation for optimal health and can keep you on the golf courses for years to come! So come on in today! With more than 450 locations nationwide and no appointment or referral required, it's easy to improve both your quality of life and that final score!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Phoenix, Ariz.