Arthritis Pain Got You Down? See Your Chiropractor!
By Donna Stark
If you are living with arthritis, you know how debilitating the pain can be and how many problems it can bring to your daily life. But what can become even more problematic is if you are trying to relieve the pain on your own with over-the-counter medications or treatments. Sure, those painkillers may provide you with some relief (and we all know how good that feels), but are they really the solution you are looking for? Don't you want something that will have a more lasting impact on your overall health and wellness? If you do, it's time to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic!
Arthritis is often thought of as an "elderly" problem but the truth is, people of all ages can suffer from it. Let's take a look at two of the most common types, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, below.
- Osteoarthritis - The onset of osteoarthritis usually occurs after the age of 40. This type of arthritis typically occurs gradually, through the natural wearing away of the joint cartilage. For this reason, it is generally referred to as the "wear and tear" type of arthritis. It can lead to friction between the bones, swelling, and significant pain.
- Rheumatoid arthritis - Rheumatoid arthritis can develop at any age and is commonly known as inflammatory arthritis. This type of arthritis develops as a response from your body's immune system. When the body mistakenly identifies the joints as a threat, the immune system will start an attack, leading to a tremendous amount of inflammation.
Chiropractic Care for Arthritis
Although medication may be the easy route to take, it's not always the most beneficial. Medication generally only provides short-term relief and its use can deliver a significant amount of side effects and risks that many people seek to avoid. Fortunately, chiropractic care is a healthier and safer way to treat arthritic aches and pains. With precise adjustments that target the specific areas of pain and an approach that avoids the use of prescription medications and invasive procedures, chiropractic care is one of the most natural ways to treat your arthritis. Here are some of its benefits.
- Reduces inflammation
- Removes joint restrictions
- Restores function to the body's nervous system and joints
- Alleviates pain and discomfort
- Improves flexibility and range of motion
- Increases mobility and independence
Find Relief Today
If you have been suffering from arthritis and are looking for a natural approach for pain relief, come on in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic today for an individualized treatment plan that will help you get back on the path to pain-free days!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Scottsdale, Ariz.