Why Is Water Essential for Good Health?
By Donna Stark
It is essential for every person on the planet and honestly, nobody can go without it, yet so many people refuse to prioritize the importance of it. It's water. And believe it or not, there are more people than you can imagine that live their lives dehydrated. Why is water so important? Well, simply put, it helps nearly every aspect of your body to function better. And as your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic will tell you, nothing is more important than how well your body performs.
Water for Ultimate Performance (and Health!)
There is a reason why water is called "the stuff" of life. From plants to animals to humans, every living creature on the planet needs it to survive. In fact, the majority of your body is composed of it! So, if you are looking for an easy way to become healthier, happier, and smarter, look no further than that bottle sitting on your desktop. Here are some reasons why you should be drinking more water throughout your day.
- Flushes waste from the body
- Regulates body temperature
- Improves brain function
- Protects your spinal cord and joints
- Aids in digestion and nutrient absorption
- Helps with weight loss
- Improves circulation
- Boosts energy and improves athletic performance
Incorporating More Water in Your Diet
It's important to stay on top of your daily water intake because waiting until you are thirsty before you finally get some to drink may not be the best strategy for your overall health and wellness. Here are some simple tips on how you can add more hydration to your days.
- Infuse water - Giving your water a subtle hint of flavor with things such as fruit, cucumber, and mint may encourage you to drink more
- Eat water - Incorporating more water-rich fruits and vegetables, such as watermelon, pineapples, and tomatoes to your daily diet is always good for the body
- Melt water - Adding ice to your beverages does more than keep them cold, it also adds water to your drink once it melts
- Carry water - Staying properly hydrated is easy when you start carrying a water bottle with you wherever you go
- Prioritize water - Prioritizing the amount of water you drink by setting reminders throughout the day can get you drinking more
- Choose water - In addition to increasing your daily intake, choosing water over other beverages can also help boost your health and reduce your intake of extra calories
Water for a Healthier Life
It is vital to keep your body hydrated but doing so can be difficult at times, can't it? Hopefully, with the above tips, you can find some ways to incorporate more water into your daily routines. It's easier than you think!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Scottsdale, Ariz.