Don't Be a Sitting Duck, Choose Chiropractic Care
By Donna Stark
The human body was not designed to sit all day. It was meant to stand and move, so it's no wonder that many people who work behind a desk suffer from low back pain. Sitting all day can lead to slouched shoulders, curved spines, forward head positions, and weakened muscles. It's a recipe for disaster, but fortunately, there is a solution to the pain and you can find that solution at The Joint Chiropractic!
Routine Chiropractic Care
Sitting for prolonged periods of time can cause many painful symptoms. Check out a few of them below and see how routine chiropractic care can help.
- Headaches - Chiropractic adjustments can reduce the frequency and intensity of headache pain
- Tight muscles - Routine chiropractic care can ease muscle tension, stress, and strain
- Tingling and numbness - Chiropractic care can remove nerve interference and soothe irritated nerves
- Fatigue - By alleviating pain, chiropractic care helps the body rest, relax, and feel energized
- Loss of mobility - Stiff joints and atrophied muscles can limit mobility, but regular chiropractic adjustments can keep you moving
If you experience any of the above symptoms, chiropractic care can help but don't push aside what you can do too!
Changes You Can Make
There are several things you can do throughout your day to minimize the number of symptoms you feel and to reduce future complications down the road. Here are some suggestions.
- Change position - Changing positions a couple of times each hour can help reduce pain issues in your back, neck, and shoulders. Stand up while talking on the phone. Walk to your coworker's desk instead of sending an email. Take plenty of breaks to stretch. Just get up and move!
- Focus on posture - Quick! Take a look at your posture. Are you slouched over your desk? Is your head leaning forward? Poor posture will increase the risk of back and neck pain, so make sure you are constantly checking how you are sitting and make adjustments as necessary.
- Fix your workspace - If your chair is too low or your monitor is to the side, you could be damaging your spine without realizing it. Be sure to set up your desk and equipment so they are ergonomically correct. It really makes a difference if you do so!
Don't Be a Sitting Duck
You are an easy target for pain, discomfort, and significant health issues if you continue to sit with poor posture throughout the day, so make the necessary changes now and see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic regularly. Your body will thank you for it!