Preparing for Your Summer Camping Trip
By Donna Stark
Summer is certainly sneaking up on us all and with it comes more opportunities to head outdoors for some good ol' family fun. One activity that many families look forward to in the summer months is camping, and how could they not? Morning hikes, afternoons by the lake, and campfires late at night ... the perfect ingredients for a fabulous vacation. A vacation that you certainly don't want ruined because you came unprepared, right? So whether you pitch that tent in the middle of the forest or you head to a local campsite, you need to expect the unexpected!
Preparing for Your Camping Trip
Camping isn't like any other trip. If you forget something or pack things that end up not working, you can't run down the street to find a replacement. There are no 24-hour mini-marts in the woods. And you know what else isn't in the woods? Your local chiropractor from The Joint Chiropractic! So you need to keep your health in mind and you need to prepare and organize for this type of trip well in advance. Take a look at some useful tips below.
- Create lists - Preparation is key! Start creating lists that cover every aspect of the trip so that nothing is forgotten
- Check your equipment - Before loading up the back of your car, make sure that all of your camping equipment is accounted for and in working condition
- Planning activities - By planning your activities ahead of time, it will be easier to remember all of the equipment that you will be needing
Keeping Your Back Healthy in the Woods
Like so many other activities in your life, camping can put a serious strain on your back if you aren't careful! Here are some other kinds of tips to consider before you throw that kayak on the top of your car.
- Stick to essentials - Pack only the essentials. Extra weight can put added stress and strain on your body, so edit those lists and bring only what is needed.
- Prioritize the health of your back - From carrying supplies to pitching that tent to casting the lure, it's important to keep the health of your back in the front of your mind. Bend from the hips and knees when lifting, avoid any abnormal twists or turns, and keep your spine neutral!
- See your chiropractor - Prepare your body for the challenges ahead by getting adjusted before you leave. Chiropractic adjustments can improve your range of motion and flexibility and can also help control those annoying allergies!
Camping is always a summer favorite but you certainly need to prepare for it! In fact, preparing for your trip is just as important as enjoying it. So get started on those lists and head on in to The Joint Chiropractic today. With more than 450 locations nationwide, no appointment necessary, and convenient hours, getting on those trails can happen sooner than you think!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Chino Hills, Calif.