Live Your Life to the Max
By Sandy Schroeder
Do you sometimes forget to breathe, well almost, or put practically everything else on hold, when you are working through huge projects? They may be so demanding that you have to stick with them just to make sure they happen, but you still need to keep your balance to protect your health and sanity.
I am super guilty of getting involved in projects like this, and many of my friends are the same way. But one friend saw through all of the commotion and took me aside to point out how much I might be losing when I slip into a project groove and just forget to look up.
I thought about it and realized it was completely true. As I was powering ahead day after day because there was so much to do, I often forgot to really communicate with the people around me, and enjoy all of the little things that make life taste good.
Think about the things that you enjoy every day when you pause here and there.
- Gorgeous sunsets
- Romps with your dog
- Conversations with your cat
- Stimulating discussions with quirky friends
- Coffees, lunches or dinners with co-workers and buddies
- Special stay at home dinners with family
- Time on the yoga mat and treadmill every day
Moments before breakfast or late in the evening, pause and just be thankful for all you have
When you build a list of the big/little things that are important to you, and then look at your daily schedule; you may want to make a few adjustments to provide the breathing room that you need. I see my efforts playing out this way.
- Yes, I will still probably work a lot of hours
- Yes, I will spend a lot of time thinking about major projects
- No, I will not give up my Friday yoga class
- No, I will not just order food, and forget to cook and bake favorites
- No, I will not go through each day, polishing off meals without tasting them as I sit in front of the computer, or on the phone
- Yes, I will reach out to favorite friends and make the time for coffee, lunch and weekend dinners
What's Your List Look Like?
What are you missing right now?
- Time spent with your kids, playing in the park, walking the dog, or just talking
- Time spent reading to refresh your mind and your soul
- Time in the evening to listen to music and talking with your loved ones
Just take a few minutes to reflect on what your daily routine looks like, and consider what you need to do to make it so much better. Then enjoy!
To learn more about your health, wellness and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Lakewood, California.