Banishing Back Pain Once and for All
By Donna Stark
Sadly, back pain is a part of our daily lives. Even some of the most benign movements we make, such as walking or picking up a child, can put intense pressure on the spine and muscles in our backs. And if we take the time to think about it, it really shouldn't come as a surprise when our backs do start to hurt because we put them through the wringer every single day! From lifting, bending, and twisting to sitting, playing, and competing, the back is ripe for injuries all the time.
Simple Tips to Banish Your Back Pain
If your spine is healthy, it should be able to heal from minor pains and discomforts within a couple of days. However, there may be times when you require some extra help when dealing with back pain. Fortunately, your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic are ready and waiting to assist you during those times. They have the education and training to treat your pain issues with gentle, effective, and safe adjustments, and with helpful suggestions you can follow at home to help reduce the intensity of pain, severity of damage, or risk of injury in the first place. Take a look at a few of their favorite tips.
- Consume a healthy weight - Remove processed foods from your diet and eat more fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, heart-healthy fats, nuts, and seeds
- Exercise daily - Even with pain, it's important to incorporate at least 30 minutes of physical activity (low-impact exercises are preferred) into your daily routine
- Stretch regularly - Always stretch before and after any physical activity
- Focus on posture - Improve your posture by sitting and standing with proper form, investing in ergonomic furniture and equipment, and drifting off into dreamland with a quality mattress
- Don't sacrifice for fashion - Choose comfortable shoes that offer good arch support, cushioning, and traction, and try to minimize the number of times you wear heels or flip-flops
- Use proper form - When lifting or playing sports, make sure you are using proper form to avoid the risk of injury
Saying Goodbye to Pain
With some simple strategies in place and a few new behaviors established, you can increase the odds of attaining pain-free days for your future. And on the off chance that you do feel pain in your back for longer than a few days, remember your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic are always around to help!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in National City, Calif.