Chiropractic Care for That Pain in the Neck
By Donna Stark
Do you suffer from a constant pain in your neck that just doesn't ever seem to go away? Barring any past injuries and not mentioning "certain" people in your life, do you know where that pain stems from? If you don't know what is causing the pain you are feeling today, if you haven't sustained an injury, and if everyone in your life is on their best behavior, you may have to consider the possibility that you have done this to yourself. But take heart! Your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic can help.
Everyday Habits That Cause Neck Pain
I'm sure we all have a behavior or two that needs to be addressed and modified a bit, but here are three very specific ones that can be a real pain in the neck! Take a look.
- Stomach sleeping - Picture yourself sleeping on your stomach. How are your head and neck positioned? Obviously, you need to breathe, so your head must be turned on its side, but unfortunately, this can create problems for your neck. You can correct this issue by sleeping on your back or on your side with plenty of support.
- Tech neck - It doesn't matter what type of electronic device you are looking down at, a significant amount of unnecessary pressure is placed on your neck when you hold your head in that position! And in today's world, most of us are doing that constantly throughout the day, which can cause serious health issues over time. So keep your eyes up, focus on maintaining better posture, and decrease the angle at which your neck is held.
- Overloading your shoulder - Overloading your bag, backpack, or purse with too much weight and carrying it on the same shoulder day in and day out can lead to horrible neck and back pain. Try losing some of the stuff you carry, but if you can't, switch the side you carry it on throughout the day.
Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain
After making those changes to your daily habits, it's time to head on over to see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic! Here's how chiropractic care can help relieve some of the pain you are feeling.
- Removes joint restrictions and nerve interference
- Restores mobility in the neck, shoulders, and back
- Improves muscle and joint function
- Reduces inflammation and irritation
- Decreases the stress and strain located in the back and neck
Less Pain, Better Health
Seeing your chiropractor regularly will help you get rid of the neck pain as well as improve your overall health and wellness! So come on in to The Joint Chiropractic as soon as you can. With more than 450 locations nationwide and no appointment required, you can start living a life free of pain today!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in San Jose, Calif.