Chiropractic Care: Not Just for Aches and Pains
By Donna Kostiew
There are times when I feel like my children only see, or acknowledge, part of what I do for them. Most days, they see me as their driver, their chef, or their personal bank account. Other days, they may see me as the one who throws their clothes in the wash or the one who gives out unsolicited lectures. But I often wonder if they ever look at me as the complete package? Or is it always just in these small bits and pieces?
I feel like I can equate chiropractic care with this thought as well. When most people consider visiting a chiropractor, it’s because they have a pain here, or an ache there, and they want specific relief for whatever their need is on that specific day. But just like a parent, there is more than meets the eye, and chiropractic care runs a lot deeper than just those little bits and pieces of pain relief.
The Heart of Chiropractic Care
The truth of the matter is that while your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic is good at getting patients out of pain, they are even better at getting their patients healthier overall. Chiropractic care isn’t only about joint, muscle, and nerve problems, and as you can see below, there’s a whole lot more that chiropractic care is good for.
- Nervous system - Restores proper function to the system that controls and regulates every single function in your body
- Posture - Improves the way you hold your body so that it can function better
- Brain function - Improves vision, memory, alertness, and mental clarity
- Movement - Improves balance, coordination, and flexibility while also restoring normal joint function
- Immune system - Boosts the body’s immune system which helps to fight off illness and disease
- Sleep - Reduces disruptions and promotes better sleep
- Pain - Provides relief from pain and reduces the risk of further injury or discomfort
- Wellness - Enhances overall wellness by promoting a stronger, healthier, and happier body
It’s no surprise then, that after being treated for pain by your chiropractor, you also start to see signs of better health within your body. Pain reduction is simply just one of those small bits and pieces of what chiropractic can bring to a patient’s life. The wider effects are much more important and definitely more valuable when all things are considered.
So forget those bits and pieces of care and find the complete package at The Joint Chiropractic. With over 400 locations nationwide, it’s pretty easy to find one close to you. You don’t need an appointment and you don’t need to be in pain. Just be prepared to be amazed at what your body can do with the right attention.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in West Sacramento, Calif.