High Blood Pressure? Chiropractic Care Can Help!
By Donna Stark
I am guessing that like most people, you are somewhat familiar with chiropractic care and how it can alleviate the pain in your back and neck. You may also be aware of how chiropractic care can help with headaches, joint dysfunction, and digestive issues. But did you know that chiropractic care can help with your high blood pressure too? It's certainly not a secret that it can have a positive impact on your blood pressure levels but very few people know about it and the chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic want that to change!
Complications of High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is one of those conditions that can stay silent for years and cause significant damage to your body before symptoms develop. High blood pressure places extra strain on your heart and blood vessels and can lead to the following serious health conditions.
- Damaged arteries and aneurysms
- Heart disease, heart attacks, and heart failure
- Stroke, dementia, and cognitive decline
- Kidney scarring and kidney failure
- Optic nerve damage, blurred vision, and vision loss
Causes of High Blood Pressure
Have you ever told someone that they "make your blood boil?" Well, in addition to anger, there are many other contributing factors to high blood pressure. Let's take a look at a few of them below.
- Excess weight
- Sedentary lifestyle
- High salt levels in the diet
- Too much alcohol consumption
- Older age
Chiropractic Care for High Blood Pressure
If you have high blood pressure, you may want to consider adding routine chiropractic care to your health plan. Here's how it can help.
- Alleviates pain - If you are struggling with chronic pain, you may be at an increased risk of high blood pressure. Routine chiropractic care can help alleviate pain and discomfort throughout your entire body, which can then help lower blood pressure levels.
- Reduces stress and anxiety - Elevated stress levels and extreme mood swings are contributing factors to high blood pressure. Fortunately, chiropractic care can help regulate hormonal imbalance and reduce the stress and anxiety you deal with on a daily basis.
Chiropractic care is a safe, effective, and all-natural way to decrease your blood pressure levels while also improving your overall health and wellness, so don't delay! Come on in to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic today. With more than 500 locations nationwide, convenient hours, and hassle-free visits (how's that for lowering your blood pressure?), it couldn't be any easier to get back on the path of optimal wellness!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in West Sacramento, Calif.