Daily Activities That Hurt
By Donna Stark
You woke up this morning and quickly realized that something wasn't right. Your back was hurting and your muscles were sore, but the real kicker of it all is that you have no idea what you did to yourself! It feels like you've been hit by a train and that leaves you completely confused because the only thing you have been doing the past couple of weeks is working from home, shopping for groceries, and rearranging some things in your garage. So what could be the problem?
Daily Activities That Hurt
If you didn't know this before, you know it now ... you don't need a traumatic event for pain to show up in your life. Pain can become a part of your day simply through the simple actions that encompass your everyday life. What do I mean by that? Well, take a look at how your daily routines can end up hurting you if you aren't being careful.
- Sitting - Sitting at a desk for hours on end can lead to chronic pain and health issues. It's important to take frequent stretching breaks throughout the day, invest in ergonomically-designed furniture, and focus on the correct sitting posture.
- Standing - Good posture isn't only for the time you spend sitting at your desk. When you are standing, make sure that your chin is parallel to the floor, your shoulders are aligned with your hips, and your hips are aligned with your ankles.
- Lifting - One of the biggest contributors to sore backs is improper lifting techniques. Even if the object doesn't weigh a lot, you can still hurt yourself if you twist or pull your body in the wrong direction. Always pay attention to what you are lifting and make sure you are using the proper technique.
- Physical performance - Again, proper posture and technique are key here. If you are going to be working out, make sure your form is good, use the equipment properly, and warm up before you start an intense fitness routine.
- Sleeping - What is your favorite sleeping position? Depending on what your answer is, you may be looking at the cause of your pain. Your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic can help you determine the best position for you to sleep in and they can also give you tips on how to select the perfect mattress and pillow set so that you can get the rest you need ... pain-free.
Reducing Your Pain
Getting to the root of your pain issue may take some time to figure out but it will be worth all of your effort in the end. Of course, you can always head on over to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic for some help too!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Denver, Colo.