10 Healthy Date Alternatives
By Chris Brown
An often-overlooked complication of following a strict fitness routine is going on dates without betraying the discipline of your new healthy self. Greasy popcorn-filled movies or heavy sophisticated dinners may sound intimidating enough to avoid dates altogether. However, there are healthy dating alternatives that don't include forced fitness or fatty foods.
- Cook a healthy date night meal - Rather than eating at a high-end restaurant, learn a healthy recipe to cook at home. Your date will not only be impressed, but home meals are more intimate, healthier, and easier on your pocketbook. BonAppetit.com has a list of 30 healthy, fancy-looking dishes to wow your date.
- Day trips to a nearby town - A change of scenery can astronomically benefit your mental health, especially if working from home. Incorporate the adventure into a date that both of you can experience together.
- Hike -The fresh air and sounds of nature can have a spiritually healing effect that sets the backdrop to a romantic stroll.
- Red wine and chocolate tasting - Tasty, fun, and collaboratively creative. A date of red wine and chocolate can be surprisingly healthy (that is, if you don't overdo it) containing ingredients that lower blood pressure and prevent heart disease. Plus, the combination of chocolate and wine is reportedly one of the most powerful aphrodisiacs, in case you were wondering, according to a Leaf.tv article.
- Bowling - An oldie but goodie in the dating world. Bowling has stuck around as a classic date because it is fun, mildly aerobic, and intimate although public.
- Couple bike ride - Cycling doesn't have to be an intense workout. A leisurely ride with a date may be the perfect mix of light aerobic exercise and bonding.
- Relax at the park or beach - Laying at the beach or park is a stress relieving, low-pressure date idea. Plus, the Vitamin D from natural sun exposure boosts mood and immune function. Make sure to bring sunscreen and a blanket though.
- Visit a museum or art gallery - Expand your mind while you flirt by perusing a museum or art gallery with that special someone. Not only will your knowledge and step count increase, but the compelling backgrounds offer excuses for joint Instagram pictures.
- Take a small group class together - Learning something new with your date, such as painting, dancing, or cooking, in a group class can create a unique bonding experience that is healthy for your brain at the same time.
The Joint Chiropractic is available for walk-in sessions during convenient night and weekend hours, whether you want a stress-relieving adjustment before, after, or during a date. There is typically little to no wait time and sessions are affordable without insurance.
To learn more about your health, wellness and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Cartersville, Ga.