10 Healthy Gift Ideas
By Chris Brown
The holidays are a season of giving and there is no gift like the gift of a healthy 2022. When you're looking to give gifts to your loved ones, consider these 10 gifts to improve their mental and physical health.
- Fitness and sleep tracker - There are a number of personal fitness and sleep trackers on the market which have become a necessity for those wishing to improve their health in a data-driven way. Without data, it can be hard to figure out what lifestyle changes are best for your specific body.
- Weighted blanket - Weighted blankets have shown promise in aiding mental health by relieving anxiety for some. Plus, they are the perfect blanket with which to cover oneself while sipping cocoa on Christmas morning.
- Healthy meal delivery subscriptions - The gift of conveniently delivered food is never a bad choice and, with a number of healthy meal options out there, you can give the gift of healthy eating.
- Smart scale - Modern scales don't just show your weight any longer. A smart scale can read bone and muscle mass, hydration levels, body fat percentage, and BMI, all from a single step.
- Running shoes - Running shoes should be replaced every 300-500 miles, as even the best brands lose shock absorption. Giving the runner in your life a new pair of kicks will keep them exercising for miles and miles.
- Sunglasses - Sunglasses aren't just a fashion accessory. They greatly help protect the eyes against harmful radiation, which can lead to eye damage and blindness. Investing in a quality pair of sunglasses for your loved ones is the best way to keep their peepers peeping.
- Bicycle - Bicycle riding can burn 300 calories every half hour according to Harvard University and the aerobic exercise protects against everything from heart disease to mental decline.
- Anxiety-relieving bath bomb - Baths are well-known for their ability to calm the soul and bring the body into a parasympathetic state. When you add the anxiety relieving benefits of a bubbly aromatherapy scent, you will be granting the receiver precious moments of mental wellbeing.
- Healthy gift basket - Add some creativity into your gifting with a home-assembled basket filled with your favorite healthy snacks and supplements.
- Books - Reading and learning is one of the best exercises for your brain. There is a book to fit anyone's interest, from historical biographies to murder mysteries to self-improvement novels, and any reading helps build brain power.
With these 10 gift ideas, you can battle overindulgence and poor health choices and give the gift of health to your friends and family.
To learn more about your health, wellness and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Douglasville, Ga.