A Clean Home for a Clean Start
By Donna Stark
It's the end to one of the craziest years we have had in a long time and many people are looking forward to throwing out the old and ushering in the new, which means the timing couldn't be more perfect to give your living space a winter "spring cleaning." Cleaning not only improves the appearance of your house, it also benefits everyone's physical and mental health too. So, after the holiday decorations are taken down and put away, turn your attention to the bare bones of your home and get it ready for what lies ahead!
Cleaning for the New Year
Some people think the only reason to clean their home is to impress visitors with their housekeeping skills, but there are far more important reasons to do so. A clean home promotes a healthier lifestyle. Take a look at just a few of the benefits that come from your household chores.
- Reduced allergies - Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping ... clearing out the dust, pet dander, and other allergens can help improve the air quality in your home. This is especially beneficial for those who suffer from allergies.
- Decreased risk of injury - Removing the clutter on the floors and tucking away those loose cords is a step in the right direction for injury prevention. Take a few minutes each day to put things in their proper place.
- Healthier meals - If you want to increase everyone's nutrition, make the kitchen an inviting place to be. A clean kitchen, pantry, and refrigerator will encourage everyone to spend more time cooking healthy meals.
- Better sleep - Improve the quality of your sleep by cleaning the clutter out of your bedroom! Ideally, the bedroom shouldn't play other roles, so take out the electronic devices, keep the office work for the office, and put your laundry away. A relaxing environment will help you get the sleep you need!
- Less stress - Reducing stress is critical for optimal well-being and one of the best ways to do so is to keep a clean and orderly home. Imagine being able to actually find your keys in the morning as you are trying to leave for work or not having to tell your children to pick up their toys over and over again. Doesn't that sound absolutely divine?
- Fewer illnesses - In addition to the reasons above, there is one more that can't be overlooked. Cold and flu season. Since we are still in the midst of it, be sure to keep all common areas clean and disinfected. You may be able to cut back on doctor visits this year if you do!
A Clean Start
A clean home will get this year started on the right foot for everyone, so gather your family members and hand them a list of chores. There's work to be done!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Loganville, Ga.