Share Your Love of Chili
By Donna Stark
It's the ultimate crowd pleaser, the go-to meal at football game parties, and the dinner that many people crave during those cold, wintery nights. It's chili, and if you like to enjoy a bowl every now and then, February is the month for you! National Chili Day is the day when you can pull out your secret recipe and impress those around you. Come on, you know you want to, so let's start planning!
Why Chili Should Be Celebrated
Besides the delicious taste, there are several other reasons why chili should be celebrated with those you love. Take a look at them below.
- It's good for you - Chili is a great source of protein, fiber, and vitamins. Both the meat and beans you choose to add will increase your consumption of protein, but the beans will give you a dose of fiber as well. And if you load your chili up with tomatoes and red peppers, it can provide extra Vitamin C too.
- It's satisfying - There is nothing more filling than a steaming bowl of chili, especially when it is loaded with beans, vegetables, and meat. But if you want to add something more to the meal, you can always include a salad and some homemade cornbread too. You can't go wrong with this meal!
Different Ways to Celebrate Chili
Of course, you can always just make a pot of chili and enjoy it as it is, but if you want to celebrate your secret recipe and need some ideas on how to do so, you came to the right place. Check a few of them out below.
- Get the family involved - Cooking with the entire family is a great way to add some additional fun to your evening and bond with those you love. Between the salad, cornbread, chili, and dessert, there will be enough work for everyone to share!
- Host a cookoff - Invite your family members, friends, or coworkers to get in on the chili game and hold a cookoff. Encourage everyone to pull out their best recipes and to come hungry!
- Try regional recipes - When it comes to chili, regions matter. What may be considered the norm in your neck of the woods could be something entirely different for those living in another part of the country. Do some online research and try new recipes with ingredients you aren't used to. Who knows? You may end up liking a different style better!
Share Your Love of Chili
February is the month of love, so go ahead and show those around you how much you care by making the most spectacular pot of chili! It's the one dish that will put a smile on everyone's face!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Savannah, Ga.