After a Back Injury: Chiropractic Care
By Sara Butler
If you’re impacted by back pain, as many Americans are, even the simplest tasks can become difficult. Sleeping, moving, standing, and lifting all become tasks that trigger pain when you’ve got problems with your back. Fortunately, chiropractic care offers a safe, effective, and natural way to treat back pain. By removing joint dysfunction and restrictions, improving the communication between the central nervous system and the rest of the body, and reducing inflammation, pain can be reduced. Here’s how!
The Common Causes of Back Pain
Back pain impacts the lives of millions of people, but why is it so common? There are many reasons for back pain, including:
- Occupational factors - People who must sit in uncomfortable or unnatural positions for long periods as they work, lift heavy objects, or stand for several hours at a time often experience back pain
- Automobile accidents - The jarring, fast movements your body goes through during an automobile accident can injure the spine itself and the muscles that support it
- Old mattress - If you’re sleeping on a mattress that needs to be replaced or that isn’t supporting your spine properly as you sleep, it can lead to back pain
- Poor lifting technique - Lifting is hard on your back; if you use poor lifting techniques, then you can injure your back, leading to conditions that cause pain
- Bad posture - Practicing poor posture puts pressure on your back, which can lead to back pain over time
How Chiropractic Care Helps
There are several benefits to chiropractic care. First and foremost, it’s natural. There are no invasive procedures or medications. Chiropractic care helps to treat back pain without the side effects associated with other treatments.
Secondly, chiropractic care is preventative. Your chiropractor works with you to give you the tools you need to avoid future episodes of back pain. They can help you to understand what caused your back pain and how it can be prevented in the future through better lifestyle choices.
Finally, chiropractic care is safe. Your care is tailored to meet your individual needs, which means anyone who experiences back pain can get treatment. Plus, it works in conjunction with other forms of treatment to help you be at your very best.
Talk to the chiropractors at The Joint today to see how they can help you with your back pain and teach you how to prevent it in the future.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Monroe, La.