Home Improvement and Healthy Backs
By Donna Stark
If you are stuck at home for an extended period of time, the chances that you will start some type of home improvement is pretty high. And whether that home improvement involves clearing out some clutter or revamping a bathroom, the chances that you may strain or "throw out" your back are pretty high too. Sure, unexpected accidents happen all of the time and some of them are beyond your control but the majority of injured backs are often caused by a person's individual actions. On one hand, that sounds like bad news, but on the other hand, there is a silver lining because that means there are steps you can take to minimize the risk of hurting your back.
Tips to Keep Your Back Healthy
If the weight of that box in the garage surprises you or if you think you probably shouldn't be lifting things on your own, you may want to implement some safer strategies before you get hurt. Seeing your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic regularly and following their very simple tips on how to keep your back free from injury are exactly the kind of steps you should be taking. Take a look at a few of the tips below and then keep reading to learn how chiropractic care can help too!
- Stretch before any type of physical activity
- Wear a lumbar support
- Start with a balanced stance
- Always engage your leg muscles and bend at your knees when lifting
- Keep the item you are lifting close to your core
- Balance the weight evenly
- Avoid any abnormal twisting of your spine
- Make sure your paths are clear of objects
Your Local Chiropractor has Your Back
In addition to maintaining proper lifting techniques, routine chiropractic care can also help keep your spine and back muscles in a healthier state which can reduce the chance of injuries. Here's how chiropractic care can help.
- Corrects alignment issues
- Removes joint dysfunction and eases muscle tension
- Restores function to the body's joints, muscles, and spine
- Improves movement in your neck, shoulders, and back
- Improves balance, stability, and range of motion
The adjustments and tips provided by your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic are a safe and effective approach to keeping your body moving as it was designed. So head on in today! With more than 500 locations nationwide and hassle-free visits, it's the easiest way to improve the health of your spine and to finish all of your home improvements free of pain!
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Bloomington, Minn.