Chiropractic Care Can Help Your Hip Pain
By Donna Stark
Hip pain is an awful lot like money, isn't it? Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. But unlike money, those who suffer from hip pain would prefer that it not be around because it can be a huge disruption to their life. It can keep a person from enjoying a morning hike, from being able to drive themselves to the store, and from getting quality rest at night. If you are suffering from hip pain, it's important to get an accurate diagnosis, and you can do that by seeing your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic.
Causes of Hip Pain
As with other types of chronic pain, hip pain can be caused by several different reasons. But if you want to get the right treatment for the exact reason of why you are hurting, chiropractic care at The Joint Chiropractic is your answer. Let's take a look at some of the most common causes of hip pain and how chiropractic care can help.
- Arthritis - Chronic hip pain is often due to osteoarthritis which is a degenerative condition that typically affects people as they age. It occurs when the cartilage that cushions the joints breaks down and wears away.
- Tendonitis - Hip tendonitis is the painful inflammation or irritation of a tendon in the hip and often occurs when the hip is overused. The most common symptom is that the pain occurs gradually, but it can get worse over time.
- Bursitis - Hip bursitis occurs when the bursae (the small, jelly-like sacs that act as cushions) become inflamed or irritated. The pain is usually described as sharp and intense, although it can often become more of an ache over time.
- Back issues - It's important to recognize that the pain in your hip may not even originate in your hips. It can easily come from some other part of your body, like your back. A perfect example of this is sciatica. Sciatica is generally caused by a compressed nerve in the lower spine, but the pain can radiate down through the hip.
Does Your Hip Hurt?
If your hip is giving you trouble, your best bet would be to see your local chiropractors at The Joint Chiropractic as soon as you can. Here's how chiropractic care can help.
- Targets the source of pain
- Places the spine and hips in proper alignment
- Alleviates pain and discomfort
- Reduces inflammation and strain
- Relieves pressure on the nerves
- Slows the progression of degeneration
Getting Rid of the Pain
With more than 500 locations nationwide, convenient hours, and no appointment required, it's easy to be seen at The Joint Chiropractic, so come on in today! After all, don't you think it's time to get back to doing what you love?
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Newtown Square, Pa.