Why You Need Chiropractic for Your Back Pain
By Sara Butler
For many people, the chiropractor is the medical professional to see when experiencing back pain. If you're new to chiropractic care, then you may not realize why so many people depend on chiropractic treatment to keep their spine (and the rest of them) healthy. Here are just a few of the reasons you should seek out chiropractic care for your back pain.
Back Pain: How It Happens
There are a ton of reasons why back pain can strike. In fact, it's an extremely common condition; that the American Chiropractic Association states you have an 80 percent chance of experiencing back pain at some point in your life.
The most common reasons for back pain include:
- Herniated discs
- Muscle sprains
- Muscle strains
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
Often, these conditions can occur as you get older, or they can be the result of sports injuries or repetitive strain injuries -- even automobile accidents.
How Chiropractic Can Help
Chiropractic care seeks to help you discover what is causing your back pain and treat it. It's important to remember that chiropractic care helps because:
- It's safe - The methods used by chiropractors to treat back pain are considered safe, without serious side effects.
- It's effective - The treatments used by chiropractors at The Joint can reduce your symptoms while treating the underlying cause of your pain.
- It keeps your central nervous system healthy - Your central nervous system keeps every system in your body functioning. If it's not working at its best, then that means your entire body can't work at its best, either. Chiropractic care helps your central nervous system to function optimally, which can help to speed healing and help your back pain to go away.
- It's natural - Chiropractors don't use drugs or invasive surgery to treat you. Instead, they use hands-on chiropractic techniques that help your body to do what it was made to do, heal.
Back pain is not fun. In fact, dealing with it can make everyday tasks much harder than they need to be. Don't try to tackle your back pain alone when you don't have to! The chiropractors at The Joint are here to be your partners in health and to help you find relief from things that are ailing you, including back pain. Come into The Joint today to talk to the chiropractor. They can help you come up with a plan to tackle your back pain once and for all.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in