Put Chiropractic and Restorative Yoga to Work for You
By Sandy Schroeder
When we reach the middle years, or go beyond, the body tells us when it's unhappy. When you get up in the morning you may feel stiff or sore. During the day you may have sore muscles or an aching neck or back. At night, after a long day of sitting at work, you may be bone weary but sleepless.
Turning life around to reduce pain and stay healthy calls for fresh resources like chiropractic and restorative yoga.
Chiropractic Sets the Pace
The Joint Chiropractic clinic in your neighborhood may be the wellness center that you need now to sort out aches and pain, restore energy, or sleep better. The Joint's doctors of chiropractic are trained to relieve pain, and find the best natural solutions for health, wellness and fitness.
Get to know your chiropractor as you outline your issues and health history, and learn more about spinal health. The spine keeps us mobile and the central nervous system encased inside controls our brain-to-body communication throughout the body.
Gentle targeted spinal adjustments may ease any aches and pains that you have and provide an overall sense of wellness with more energy, better sleep or improved metabolism. Benefits are unique to the individual.
Together, you and your chiropractor can monitor your progress and project what's next. Weekly 15-minute spinal adjustments may keep you at your peak, and new fitness options such as restorative yoga may be another good option.
Restorative yoga orginated in India. Props such as chairs, walls, benches, blocks, blankets or belts are used to help people stay in a pose without strain, discomfort or pain. Almost everyone can do restorative yoga. Individuals getting back into exercise, dealing with illness, or injury, or coping with senior issues may all find a spot here, just as along as the class is adapted to their individual needs.
Here are some reasons to try it.
- Restorative yoga regenerates and relaxes the body and the mind.
- This gentle yoga helps you reach optimal alignment
- It reaches the nerves and organs, including respiratory, circulatory and nervous systems
- Flexibility improves without injury or pain if it done with mindfulness and care for the body
- Restful sleep may replace sleeplessness
- Anxiety may lift and the body and mind relax
- Patience and clear focus may come with the effort
- Respiratory capacity and blood circulation may improve
- Once you learn the routines you may use 10- to 15-minute sessions wherever you are
- People coping with diabetes, cardio issues or some cancers may benefit from the sessions
As always, check with your doctor before beginning a new exercise.
Stop by The Joint Chiropractic clinic to find out about the affordable personal healthcare plans that eliminate the hassle of insurance. No appointments are needed, and weekend and evening hours are available.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Lexington, S.C.