Chiropractic Care for an Injury-Free Winter
By Donna Stark
December 22 is the official date for winter this year, but I believe Jack Frost wasn't notified of that fact because many parts of the country have already experienced some serious winter weather. In fact, some people have needed to pull out their parkas and shovels before the month of December even rolled around! Unfortunately, what that means is extra risk for everyone involved, because with the snow and ice comes an increased rate of slips and falls. Fortunately, there are some steps you can take, which include some simple precautions and some visits to your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic.
Keep Winter Beautiful
The best way to keep winter beautiful in and around your home is to reduce the risk of slips and falls because there is nothing pretty about getting hurt. It is critical to take the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of everyone, and if you aren't sure where to start, here are a few tips to check out.
- Remove snow and ice immediately from walkways, driveways, steps, and stairs
- Choose footwear with great traction, use removable shoe spikes if needed
- Walk consciously and slowly
- Be alert to all the conditions on your pathway
- Hold onto your vehicle upon entering and exiting
- Avoid bracing a fall with your hands
- Check on your elderly loved ones and neighbors often
Chiropractic Care Can Help, Too!
Another way to reduce your risk of slips and falls in the winter is to establish a regular routine of comprehensive chiropractic care. Now I know that chiropractic care isn't always at the top of everyone's list when it comes to this, but it really can help decrease the number of injuries! Take a look at how chiropractic care can keep you standing upright during the cold winter months.
- Corrects alignment issues and brings a natural balance back to the body
- Increases range of motion and flexibility
- Improves stability, strength, and coordination
- Restores joint mobility and function
- Reduces tension and stiffness in the body
To be clear, there are some slips and falls that simply can't be avoided, so if you were to accidentally get hurt, chiropractic care is there for you again. Here are a few of the top reasons to come on in for a chiropractic adjustment after an injury.
- Alleviates pain and discomfort
- Improves blood circulation for quicker healing
- Releases muscle tension and reduces inflammation
- Shortens the recovery process
With more than 500 locations nationwide, daily hours, and no appointments required, establishing regular chiropractic care at The Joint Chiropractic is easy. And since it is safe for people of all ages, you can grab everyone you know and head on in to reduce the risk of slips and falls! Just be sure to clear away all the snow and ice first.
To learn more about your health, wellness, and fitness, see your local chiropractor at The Joint Chiropractic in Brentwood, Tenn.